Wicklow, the “Garden County of Ireland”, an area of breathtaking natural beauty, offers a wide range of outdoor activities.
Roundwood sits on the edge of the stunning Vartry lakes. These lakes make for a great morning or afternoon stroll with gorgeous views. We now have new trails all around the Lakes, easily accessible via pathways from the village.
The Coach House is close to:
- The monastic settlement of Glendalough (Aprox 10km)
- Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall. (Aprox 15km)
- We are 3km from the Wicklow Way trail head at Lough Dan.
- Also within driving distance is Enniskerry, where Disneys Enchanted and P.S. I Love you was filmed. Avoca of the TV Show Ballykissangel fame. The hit TV show ‘Vikings’ is also filmed in the area.
- We are a short drive from the beautiful Sally Gap (Aprox 5km)
- Some of Ireland’s finest golf courses are in the area, including Druids Glen, and Powerscourt.
- The Wicklow coastline offers some of the best sea-angling and windsurfing along miles of sandy beaches.
Hill Walking / Hiking
Why not use the Coach house as a base for a walking holiday! As we are on the Wicklow way our location is ideal for all walking holidays. For more info on walking in the area please contact Footfalls walking holidays!! on www.walkinghikingireland.com
We have stunning lakes here in Roundwood, on our doorstep! There are a number of beautiful trails around the reservoir with thriving wildlife, flora, fauna and mountain views. Combined, there are nearly 20km of trails for all to enjoy!
Why not rent a mountain bike while at the Coach House. This is a fantastic way to see County Wicklow and all it has to offer. You will go from lakeside to mountain top during your adventure, with stunning views and local tracks for all skill and fitness levels.
Also now in our area is the Ballinastoe mountain bike trail!! This is a fantastic trail with heart pumping down hill sections and some very good climbs, why not use the Coach House to explore Ballinastoe? Mountain bike hire is available from our friends www.biking.ie